Finding trusted, local builders in Hertford, Hertfordshire
Datum Point Construction is a construction company based in Ware which is just one town away from bustling Hertford in Herts.
We’ve recently completed a major property development project on Railway Street in Hertford, just behind the Tesco store.
Which builder in Hertford?
Choosing to work with a builder you can trust is the most important decision you’ll make throughout the entirety of your construction project.
You’ll need to have faith that the builders you choose will deliver on their promises and guarantee you a high quality finish within the turnaround time specified and to the agreed budget.
How to choose a builder
Before you appoint a builder make sure that you do you research and ask the right questions.
Here is our checklist of things to ask a builder before you award them your project:
- Ask the builder for a list of client reviews and do your own research to see how their reputation fares online
- Ask the builder for a detailed quotation. This may seem like an obvious one but you’re entitled to ask for specific costs and it’s well worth checking that everything you want done is included in their quote. It’s easy for a construction firm to miss details that will later cost you extra money.
- Ask to see a copy of the building firm’s insurance policy schedule. It’s important for you to ensure that they are fully insured to carry out the works as their insurance inevitably protects you too.
- Ask the builders when they can start works at your property and for an expected completion date. Again, this is an obvious one but it’s good to have these details in writing.
- Find out who your main point of contact will be throughout the project. It’s important for you to ensure that you’re going to be able to communicate with the same project manager or site manager when necessary. This individual should know your job inside out and they should become your advisor throughout the project as well as the person you call if there are any problems.
- Ask for a tour of the building company’s live and completed projects. This is something Datum Point Construction offers every new client and it adds an extra level of reassurance knowing that the builders you’ve chosen are transparent and proud of the projects they work on.
- Check to make sure that the construction company you choose will prepare and issue a detailed programme of works and a marked up phasing plan when you award them your work. This is something that Datum Point Construction does for every new client to help manage expectations regarding progress and any living disruption that should be expected.
We’re here to reassure homeowners, businesses and developers that Datum Point Construction always deliver on our promises.