Nothing is changing about how your information is processed. Rather, we’ve improved the way we describe our practices and how we explain the options you have to update, manage, export, and delete your data.
We’re making these changes in line with The Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA 2018”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which impose certain legal obligations in connection with the processing of personal data.
Datum Point Construction’s contact details are as follows: 2 Dairy Yard, Star Street, Ware SG12 7DX, 01920 318464, email@example.com.
Our primary activity is executing various construction projects and we require personal data to provide this service. The information you pass to us will only be used for the purpose of these services or for legal/regulatory compliance or for marketing purposes.
We do not share your data with third party marketing bodies and your details are held securely by us.
Datum Point Construction is a data controller and data processor within the meaning of the GDPR which means that we determine the purposes and means of processing personal data and are responsible for processing personal data.
Your information may be held in electronic or physical formats.
Owing to the nature of construction works where services are delivered outside of our company offices, we may in some instances transfer / share your data with third parties when required for the purpose of undertaking works.
The purposes for which we intend to process personal data
We intend to process personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to supply professional services to you as our client
- To fulfil our obligations under relevant laws in force from time to time
- To use in the investigation and/or defence of potential complaints, disciplinary proceedings and legal proceedings
- To enable us to invoice you for our services and investigate/address any fee disputes that may have arisen
The legal bases for our intended processing of personal data
Our intended processing of personal data has the following legal bases:
- At the time you instructed us to act, you gave consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes listed above
- The processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- The processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject
- It is a requirement of our contract with you that you provide us with the personal data that we request. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide professional services to you. If this is the case, we will not be able to commence acting or will need to cease to act.
Persons/organisations to whom we may give personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- any third parties with whom you require or permit us to correspond
- an alternate appointed by us in the event of incapacity or death
- tax insurance providers
If the law allows or requires us to do so, we may share your personal data with:
- the police and law enforcement agencies
- courts and tribunals
- the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”)
Transfers of personal data outside the EEA
Your personal data will be processed in the EEA only.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may ask you to complete voluntary surveys that we use for research
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
A Cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computers’ hard drive by your web browser. When you revisit our website, our computer server will recognise the Cookie and provide us with information about your last visit. Most browsers accept Cookies automatically but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent this.
You have a responsibility to ensure that the data that you provide to us is correct. If it is incorrect, please let us know. If you would like to review the information we have collected on you, please see the contact email address below.
You have the right to request that the information we collect on you is destroyed if it is your wish and we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining it. We will complete erasure requests within 40 days of request receipt.
You retain other rights in relation to expressing or withdrawing consent, right to be informed and for data portability along with data rectification, automated decisions/profiling and objections.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or your dealings with this website contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may amend this privacy notice from time to time. If we do so, we will supply you with and/or otherwise make available to you a copy of the amended privacy notice.